I love lists! Shall I make a list here telling you all the reasons why I love lists? Oh, wait, I can’t tick anything off on here so maybe not. I’ll go for some good old bullet points instead…
• Lists help me to prioritise. I write down things that I need to do and then I read back over it and number each task in order of importance. That way I make sure to get the most important tasks done first.
• Clearing up some brain space. If I have it written down then I don’t need to remember it. What’s funny though is that as soon as I have something written down, I never forget to do it. That’s sods law isn’t it?! As soon as the responsibility of remembering is gone it’s ingrained on my memory.
• The enjoyment of ticking off a completed task. I must confess I am guilty of writing something on a list that I have already done, just so I can immediately tick it off. It’s a compulsion, I can’t help it!
• The satisfaction of completion. It’s bloody rewarding to have a list of things to do and go from looking at it wondering how I’m ever going to get through it to staring smugly at it all written down knowing I have finished it all!
• A great visual aid to show off. If I have had a busy and productive day it is great to show a scrap of paper to my boyfriend with lots of things ticked off just to hammer home the point of how productive I have been. Ok, this one is a joke…well, kind of.
Do you like lists? Or have you read this thinking what is she going on about? Let me know in the comments.
Until the next time…Jess x